Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Data

Today, I need data. Which sounds counter intuitive based on my preferred method of decision making. If you are anything like me, you prefer to go with your gut.

Something like 95% of the data we take in - comes in under our level of consciousness. Which gives a diminished sense of appreciation for data. We're so busy paying attention to the 5% of what's happening, that we sometimes fail to realize that there are complex algorithms in our brains, filtering and processing a ton of data, and providing us with choices. OK - back to the real world... this started as a semi-rant about my need for data, and is ending up as advice to myself.

Be really clear about what you want. Ask for data, your subconscious will take care of 95% of data intake. Don't expect to make good choices, unless you have good data.

No comments:

Post a Comment