Friday, July 9, 2010

Riding the Tiger

I'm at the stage in life and career where outside influence becomes less and less meaningful and a more inward journey is appealing. I've heard this stage is pretty normal and is part of the human experience.

Today, I had the opportunity to sit in on a portion of a meditation retreat for executives called "Riding The Tiger" put on by Yogiraj Charles Bates and his partner and CEO of their company "10th Dot" Vonda Vaden Bates.

I was able to sit in on a talk by Yogiraj Charles and then discussion with he and Dr. Surya Pierce. Yogiraj Charles is very skilled at weaving concepts of mysticism, human lineage and profit - I know it sounds impossible! Then he and Dr. Pierce discussed the physiology of thought.

I came away with a feeling of relief and even comfort about how we've evolved into a culture that values profit, and with some hope and insight into the possibilities of our future evolution and how we actually can make the shift from profit without full accountability to our world - to profit with integrity for our world.

We then spent some time practicing meditation, and while I have a long way to go, I am again comforted by the reality that somewhere in my own thoughts are answers and new possibilities. - I have a renewed sense of energy to get back on the journey and live more influenced by my inner life than my outer life. And... I will choose the black dot.

If you would like to learn more about 10th dot, you can check them out at www.10thdot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment